Monday, October 17, 2011

The dreadful "D" word

Dieting. Yuck. Hate is a strong word, I can honestly say that I hate dieting, I despise it. I haven't seen pre pregnancy clothes since before LANDON was born...you heard that right, LANDON, not Lane. I enjoy food (obviously) and it doesn't help that Jason likes the house to be stashed with Peanut Butter ice cream and taffy cookies. Why can't it just be simple? Like movie star simple? Pop out a kid and look like a million bucks 2 weeks later? After all, I have such good genes! ha.


What is the best diet? There are only a zillion out there. What exercises are best? I need to lose weight in this target area...oh, wait...I have lots of "target areas". Do I hire a personal trainer? That's a buttload of money and where would I find the time? Ohhhhh, and the energy. I feel so tired these days. Some parts combination newborn and toddler and some parts I'm just not healthy.


So, I started last Monday. I'm using an app called myfitnesspal and it's actually working out awesome! It will find the food that you are eating if you type in a keyword or you can actually scan the bar code and it brings up the nutritional information. You input your height, weight, your goal weight, etc. and it will tell you how many calories you need to eat per day. It will also tell you how much of everything you are getting! So I cut the coke zero down to one a day (the caffeine headaches were horrendous for 2 days in), I am drinking TONS of water, I cut ALL sweets (sadface), and I'm NOT exercising. LOL. I will be mustering up the energy for that soon enough (I need a jogging stroller first! That's my excuse for now). Oh, and I am not counting calories on the weekends, but I am still sticking to VERY minimal sweets (can't I have just ONE cookie?), and if I want other food items, I will have them. Diets don't like me and I don't like them...if I try to do it 7 days a week, I will FAIL. I'm putting this public, maybe it will keep my butt in gear, I hope.


And yeah, I'm down 2 lbs (only many, many more to go)! Holla!


p.s. I will miss you, my beloved shortbread cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment